Thursday 19 January 2017

Wanderlust Week 2 - Making Magic

Making Magic!
 
The aim of this weeks Wanderlust class was to let go, paint without inhibitions, not over think the process and continue building layers/texture until the picture reveals itself to you. The reveal being the magic, scary thought as I normally go with, "Stop before you over do it".
 
 I  watched the video and thought to myself, ok, I can do this.
 It was an extremely long recording showing many layers until the artist was happy/satisfied with the result. Having experienced the process of getting lost in the layers I now understand why the video is so long,  I began on the evening of Friday 13th and have only just finished it today, Thursday 19th.
 
 I began with paint/texture followed by papers and drips, followed by more paint/texture and layers. After a many hours spread over many days I finally finished.
 
 
Mary Anne Wangerin has a unique way of getting to her finished piece, click here to see her blog.
 
The aim Wanderlust is to experience new techniques, let go/embrace and create a project that maybe you wouldn't normally.
Hopefully I've achieved this weeks task.
 
Here are a few of the layers prior to the finished piece, not all of them as I got lost in the moment.
 




 
As  you can see nothing really stayed the same, I did have a dream catcher in mind when I began, but as I was taking so long I gave up on that idea. Maybe I will do another without the pressure of trying to get it done in a time limit.
 
Hope you like it.
 
Sue X

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.