Saturday 7 January 2017

A little fun!

Belated post, I'm afraid I found this in my drafts folder on blogger from a week before Christmas so I'm blogging it now because I thought it deserved to be  posted.

So Tuesday was a relax, have fun, get messy and go back to cards later today day, (I still have hand delivery cards to go).

So 10.30am arrived and I jumped in Nizzy (my car) and went to pick up Nola.
Now I knew she had bought some mini sledges and thought we would be spending the morning decorating them to hang on the tree, little did I know she had bought a couple of larger ones too

Oh joy!

 We began with a layer of blueberry paperartsy paint followed by a layer of crackle glaze then a top layer of white. We sat back had a cuppa and watched the magic happen.
I found some Xmas napkins with vintage pictures on buried deep in the depths of my craft box and so decided to decoupage them onto the sledge. They were 3ply tissues, after a few minutes spent separating the layers we tore around the image and manipulated it to fit on the project. Using soft mat gel applied thinly to the project with a finger then we gently lowered the image in place. This was smoothed over and left to dry, a layer of mat gel was  added over the top to protect and seal the image. Distress ink was added to the sled too.

I'd bought a packet of Tim Holtz skates, soooo cute, but only 6 of them or 3 pairs in a pack. This was the ideal charm to add to the project with a touch of ribbon to help secure them to and a touch more ribbon to form the rope  to steer with.




Out came the ready made flowers box and project complete.

 
This is my version.



This one is Nola's




Hope you like them.

Sue X

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! They are absolutely gorgeous. What a great find in your stash of those tissues. The image is perfect on those slats. Wonderful work ladies and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.